January 10, 2014

FoodFriday vol. 8

Back in Oslo and back on track.. hopefully.. tomorrow! Looking forward to go grocery shopping tomorrow. Always fun when I need a lot.

FoodFriday is a concept where I post new dishes every friday. First of all to make myself do something more interesting for dinner once in a while. But also to inspire you to to cook something new. I failed posting every friday during the exam period and Christmas, but I promise FoodFriday will be back in steady business from now on.

Eighth: Nasi Goreng
It's hard to make this dish look good on a plate, especially when you have the combination dying camera and old frying pans which doesn't allow you to keep the egg whole. I bought my Olympus at the age of fifteen and I think it's dying. It has been loyal to me all this years, but I think it's time for the camera to retire soon.

Back to the Nasi Goreng! This is an amazing dish, which I first tasted made by my friends dad. He makes the best! Will have to steal his recipe one day. My first try at this Indonese course wasn't that bad, but I will need to sharpen it up a bit. Add some more chili or something.

Stay easy on the curry - it is easy to use to much! As with everything you make in the kitchen: taste it during the making of it. (Recipe will be out in a new blog post tomorrow!)



Older foodfriday posts here:
First up! : Grilled BBQ ribs together with mixed salad and my favourite homemade thyme fries.
Second: Spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce with peppers and champignon served with green salad.
Third: Wok with chicken, chili and oyster sauce. Yummy yummy in my tummy!
Fourth: Norwegian salmon with broccoli, carrots, potato.
Fifth: A really nice weekend dish: Marinated pork siroloin together with thyme potates and mixed salad. The smell of this platter makes my mouth water.
Sixth: Chicken and pasta salad with spanish chili and garlic oil. The chicken is marinated with oil and chicken spice, which includes a lot of chili. New and simple favourite.
Seventh:
My dinner was so boring today that I will post a dessert I made a few weeks ago instead. Melted honey dripped over pieces of green apple and banana served with chocolate ice cream and cinnamon.

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Dette har jeg faktisk aldri smakt før, så det må jeg nok prøve!

    ReplyDelete